Rockhaven Designs Custom Homes
When you look at the Rockhaven Gallery, you will see there is no “Rockhaven style”. Each home, like each client, is unique. Nevertheless, our goal is always the same: to design a client’s dream home, while minimizing surprises and maximizing value.
To achieve this, Rockhaven employs what we call our “Design Plus Program” – a simple and unique process to design and engineer your new home. In a nutshell, our clients work with one dedicated contact to integrate their ideas with those of excellent and qualified designers, engineers, and vendors, while incorporating Rockhaven’s extensive experience and knowledge of current building costs, materials, schedules, construction procedures, and design. Read more about our Design Plus Program.
When a new home is designed and priced, there are numerous features and finishes to consider and to choose from. We have included below the starting Standard Quality Features of a Rockhaven Home, as well as some of the Additional (Optional) Features that are available.
Quality Standard Features
At Rockhaven Homes our goal is to build your new home as solid as a Rock, a true Haven for your family. Rockhaven standards are higher, and all these features exceed or meet the Ontario Building Code. All the quality features listed below are chosen to meet this goal, and are included in what we call a “Quality Standard” Rockhaven home.
As of 2018, these include:
All the features listed above meet and typically exceed Ontario Building Code standards. At Rockhaven, we build your home as solid as a Rock, a true custom Haven for your family for years to come.
Additional (Optional) Features
There are numerous additional features to consider when building your new home. Below we have listed a few of the more common features that people like to include. These are priced on an individual, custom basis.
Additional (Optional) features include, but are not limited to:
- Cathedral ceiling(s)
- Large garage (3-car or more)
- Large covered concrete(or PT) porch
- Ext. living space (covered), or Deck (uncovered)
- Columns (add'l), railing, stairs
- Columns, deck, railing, stairs upgrade
- Increased roof pitch (more than 8/12)
- Main floor greater than 9'
- Second floor greater than 8'
- Exterior finishes (stone, pf wood, shakes, etc.)
- Gables: in brick, or additional gables
- Window upgrades (colour, shape, etc)
- Front door feature/upgrade
- Exterior door upgrades
- Exterior trim features (frieze, shutters)
- Shingle/shake upgrade
- Interior columns, beams
- Interior doors: french, solid, pocket
- Taller/wider baseboard and trim
- Coffered/tray/crown ceilings
- Smooth ceilings throughout
- Flooring upgrade (hdwd, slate, specialty)
- Feature staircase (shape, finish, iron)
- Finished basement staircase, c/w foyer
- Larger or feature fireplace
- Wood-burning fireplace (c/w chimney)
- Cabinet upgrade (finish, height, Lndry, builtins)
- Granite countertops (kitchen, ensuite, all)
- Kitchen backsplash
- Glass shower in ensuite/washrooms
- Plumbing upgrade (whirlpool, fixture type)
- Additional bathroom (c/w bath/shower)
- Radiant heating (ensuite/washrooms)
- Hot-water recirculation (for faucets)
- Water treatment (softener, RO)
- Additional potlights (int. and ext.)
- Finished basement washroom (3-piece)
- Finished portion of basement
- Open concept (steel beams) in basement
- Taller basement walls (8'-10")
- Basement walkout
- Garage to basement stairwell
- Basement in-floor radiant heating
- Framed, insulated, basement ext. walls
- Garage finish (drywall, paint, trim)
- Generator backup wiring layout
- Geothermal heating
- Smart Home Technology